Friday, November 03, 2006

What's been going on ?

2 more weeks gone (I suppose it's almost 3 weeks since my last blog), and what have we been up to ? The Girl went on a camp for 3 days to Whyalla with a group of children that were affected by the bushfire. There was some sort of Government grant they received that funded this trip. They went to OneSteel and had a tour of the plant, visited the big ship, went roller skating, 10 pin glo bowling, leisure centre - swimming and ate lots of junk food (mind you, she wasn't too impressed by the junk food). I missed her terribly on the first night, it felt like I had just lost my right arm as she is always by my side. But it was good to have a break from each other for a few days. I often thought about ringing or SMSing the teacher to let her know that we were thinking about her but left it just incase she got homesick. As it was, she called us on the final night at 10pm on the teacher's mobile and asked us to call her back. She was fine, just needed to hear Mum's voice.
We went for a cruise to Port Pirie earlier this week to be rid of the caravan. We found a buyer that would meet us there, hand over the dosh and take it back to Adelaide. Long day but it was good as I managed to catch up with a very dear friend of mine at Napperby and I cherished the time we had together. I am planning to go over again and see her for a couple of days on my own. We arrived home around 11pm that night pretty shagged and straight to bed.

Just yesterday we went and picked up a 1969 Bedford truck that The Man picked up at a clearing sale for $100. It is of the 4WD variety and, I'm told, will cope better on the hills during the winter with the seed and super (fertiliser) unit on the back as opposed to the other one that the unit is on now (all I know is that it is the green truck, dunno the make). The area that we got the truck from is Mangalo and nearby there is a wind farm. As I was driving my cruiser, I was in awe of the "beauty" of the magnificent towers. I know it sounds weird but they are in such contrast to the nature around them but they symbolise how powerful nature is and environmentally, are saving nature. It was one of my in my head kinda moments.

The day before the truck excursion, I went for my regular gym jaunt and BOY THAT WOMAN NEEDS A GOOD BASHING (just when I get back my arm and chest muscles, I would be the perfect candidate to give her a flogging). She worked me really hard on my biceps and triceps and any other ceps that looked like they needed a workout ! I think we did a little over the top and I will have to let her know next week as I don't want to feel like this again for 2 days. Hopefully it will come good tomorrow and I can get back on the rowing machine as right at this moment, I couldn't rip the skin off a custard. By the way, I have shed 18kgs and am halfway to my goal. It is a magnificent achievement but it also disgusts me that I let myself get that way. I have been swimming once a week too when The Girl goes to her swimming lessons. I just do laps for 30-40 mins (i'm only managing a poor version of breast stroke and back stroke at this stage as I cannot breathe on freestyle). I've seen some people bring flippers and a mask with a snorkel so I might give that a go just to give the body a total flogging. Wednesday is a chockers day for exercise as I go for a 5km walk (this is an everyday thing), then 30mins of personal training and then the swim. I don't like to go into town too many times if I can help it so I try and do as much as I can in one day.

We have been doing some fencing too, I have confirmed that I am unco with a hammer. I was getting better with knocking in the staples but on the first day, my contribution was about 10% compared to The Man's. (the cat just jumped up onto the desk here and pushed his butt into my face and is now licking my fingers as I type - YUK ! - he is no longer on the desk).

So that is what is going down
Au revoir

ps. I went to a singing group last night called Sing Australia and it turned out to be a rather large group of mainly 50+ people who love to sing. I may/may not go along to the Cummins or Tumby Bay group, undecided if I wish to pursue this avenue. www.singaustralia.com.au is the site, saves me explaining it all. Let me just say that it was an experience and I met a lovely 82yo lady from Tumby named Daphne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell I laughed. You go girl and give the trainer the flogging she deserves. Glad to hear all is going good and bargains are still found.

Anonymous said...

good blog song bird