Saturday, November 19, 2005

We're back !

I've been slack in the communication department lately, due to the fact that the laptop is still in the caravan and since I have a nice new house, why should I go back in there ?!?!?!? I still have stuff to move (non-essential things) and am taking it slowly as I have to organise the places for those things to go in the house (ie. I don't want to make a mess in the new place just yet). I have a project on the go at the moment, it's what you would call a Men's dresser that I picked up at a clearing sale and Tori has got her eye on it for her room. It has a cupboard at the side for hanging trousers (I presume) and 5 drawers at the side so that will be perfect for her room. So I must get onto that so her toys and stuff can come up to the house. I had to buy a new washing machine the other day - stupid me neglected to tell the cabinet maker to allow for a twin tub. I sort of thought that they werent going to put any cupboards in the laundry but as it was, they did as I asked (they just allowed for an automatic machine space).

Anyway, what I started off saying, is that we are now on Satellite Internet (it's the only available choice we have living 25kms out of town). So now I can upload pictures to my ringo site, (if I haven't contacted you regarding this, please email or ring me as you have to join up as my friend to see all the albums), update the blog without balancing the laptop and catching my feet up in the telephone cord, read and respond to emails quicker than ever and The Man and the Girl can surf without bitching about how long it takes. I also can download large emails QUICKER !

We had our work Xmas show early this year and went to a place called Donington Cottage in the Lincoln National Park - was a great night. We stayed overnight, that works for us as if we did the going to the pub thing, one of us would have had to stay sober and that would have been BORING !
This is the view from the cottage, not bad eh !

Soon I am to have 3 weeks off, mid December to the first week of January so I guess with The Man home we will accomplish a few things (or kill each other). We still have to do something about the immediate outside (ie pavers or concrete) to stop the dirt coming in. Thankfully, all entrances are tiled so a quick sweep and Bob's your auntie.

Time for me to sign off and think of something more interesting to write next time.

Ciao

No comments: