Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Taj Mahal of Charlton Gully

Well.......
At approximately 3.30pm yesterday (26 October 2005), we were handed the keys to our new abode. No, I do not have any photos of the event but, the local paper came and took several so we may even make it into the local paper. I will ask them if I can have some copies of them and send them on to all you guys for a larf !!!!!

We cooked tea (we meaning ME), and ate off the outdoor setting that was given to us by kind friends, in lieu of our furniture arriving next Saturday after the carpets are done. I promise to put photos on the blog when there is furniture and looks like it's lived in rather than empty rooms.

So now I am busy moving things into the new place (not much to move but the caravan seems to be bursting at the seams at the collection of paperwork, Tori's toys and books, washing that needs putting away (but have been too slack to do so) and just general stuff. I have had a few surprises of gifts that were sent soon after the fire and unpacked them last night and put into their new places.

I could go on and on and on, but all I really wanted to say was thanks to you all and that we are now the proud owners of a new home.

Keep on smiling, we certainly are !

No comments: