Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Wild and Wooly !

Man it is windy here at the moment !!!!!
There are gusts of 61 knots (which equates to about 110 kph).
The Man is coming home on the plane tonight and I'm hoping he can get here. We had a bit of a storm last night and I had to comfort The Girl. She thought it was cool while it was still light outside but when I asked her where the torch was (incase of a blackout), she started to freak. As it was, the power went out about 5 minutes after I went to bed so it was no biggie anyway. I just set the mobile phone alarm and off to sleep I went. About 3am this morning, the flashing of the clock woke me and I reset it.
We have lost 3 trees here at work (and another blunder by me - I didn't put the park brake on my car and it rolled into another little tree - no damage, well not to the car, just rolled the little gum). I was watching the seagulls from my office window earlier on and was having quite a chuckle as they were going up and down and then reversing due to the strong winds.
I was getting a little worried so I rang the painter to see how it was going out on the farm. He asked if I had a annexe because the frame was on the ground. That was the old annexe and was positioned ontop of the sea container so it's come off. The vans are still in one piece. Might be a bit rocky in the van tonight !!!

No comments: