This is an artist's impression of our new kitchen. Flash hey !! Too flash for us scrubbers.The house is progressing slowly at this stage, we had to do a rush job on the flooring as the builders wanted to know where to put the skirting boards (backward to me as I thought that they would lay them after the tiles etc.). As it turns out, the second fix carpenter is going to cut them and lay them after - good man.
I passed the carpenter today as I had a late start and was pleased to hear that he will be there until the end of the week finishing what he can. Why did I have a late start today, well I'm glad you asked. I went to a show last night called the Bar at Buena Vista. In a nutshell, it was euphoric ! For those of you that know me well enough, I was moved to tears at the opportunity to see a band that had members in their 80's. It was superb ! It was great to get out and see something that I really loved rather than staying at home in the van. I managed to get a great babysitter for The Girl, which is hard when you really know no one, and the evening turned out perfect. I came in late more for the Girl's sake as it was a late night for her, so I took her straight to school. Enough of the jibber. Gonna take some more photos tonight and may put them on the blog.
As the gentleman said at the close of the show last night (in his Cuban/Spanish accent), "live life to the full and enjoy every minute of it"
No comments:
Post a Comment