Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'd better start writing before I forget!!!

Okay, okay, I have been getting emails about my non-description of my trip to Italy. So I have dragged the notebook out and will begin.

12.38 Adelaide Airport 18th October 2008
How exciting, my first (and I say first) overseas jaunt. How do I describe my feelings, excited, scared, sad (miss my family ALREADY!). The plane is HUGE. We walked through Business Class, if i had money, I would have upgraded. Better stop writing and get ready for takeoff.

14:22/11:52 Singapore time
Ground speed 857 km/h 5hrs 21 mins till we get to Singapore. Altitude 10972m (whoah, how many kilometres is that?) Estimated arrival 17:15 (Singapore time - scheduled is 17:40) -48C outside air temperature (Brr, it's cold in here, there must be some ..... Tori will get it, and so will anyone who has seen the movie Bring it On whatever version).

Feeling tired but dont want to sleep just yet. I guess I should try and sleep somewhat after we get lunch. Then I can stay awake as long as possible until we board fro Rome. Teresa says we should sleep on that leg so as to work out the time difference.

I don't know what to expect with this whole trip. A bit naive I guess, but that's me. We've had some nuts on this flight but am getting a bit hungry. I see the hostesses coming back and forth with trays of food, I guess they are for the special requirements (eg diabetics etc). We had a woman in the window seat that met up with a friend at the airport (unexpectedly) and she has moved further up the plane to sit with her. So that has enabled Teresa to move to the window seat and I am in the aisle. We have a space in the middle now to put pillows, etc. There are heaps of channels in Audio and Video. First I watched a CSI episode (or movie who knows?) about a miniature crime scene where the perpetrator sent the crime scene in doll house size to the Crime Lab to analyse prior ro the murder. Turns out the police officer dies as her replacement (they found the location before the crime). I just wrote that for my own benefit to remember the episode as it was rather intriguing).

14:39 Singapore Time - 17:09 in Adelaide
Had a nice lunch - chicken with lyonnaise potatoes must find out what lyonnaise is. Had some pasta with tuna as well (and yes I ate the dessert Bianca - and i believe that is what is causing my bloatedness - i can't fart !) Well I can, I'm just being careful.

They have a map on screen and right now we are over the Indian Ocean. We flew over Pt Hedland (according to the map - remember I'm in an Aisle seat)
Ground speed 809 km/h, Altitude 11582m, Outside temp -48C

Just finished watching Hancock, not bad, passes the time. If they run the movies again, i might watch Get Smart. Did some puzzles, that was entertaining. You know I thought I might be really bored but seem to be doing well so far. I guess it's just a really long plane flight at the moment and I could be flying to Perth for all i know. Singapore Airport is probably all i will see (ie. wont go out of the Terminal) but Auntie Karen said it looked like a real sterile place when she stopped over one time.

Some people are starting to sleep. Few are walking around, I have done some exercises. I did a workout at mum's yesterday (Friday) and caned my quads and glutes.

I cant believe I'm actually going overseas. I have dreamt of this forever but not like i believed i would ever go, just dreamt of it. I still dont thit I think its real yet. 2 1/2 hours to go until we reach Singapore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey.... we are waiting for the rest!!!