Sunday, September 07, 2008

Oh What a Night!

"Late December back in '63..." and the song goes on. But it accurately describes the night I had last night.
Nerves preceeded the event, but a couple glasses of champers and a really great make up artist on hand (and once the first song was over), just made it all good. We sang "Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush and dressed in 1940's garb (I wore a very stoic post war depression kinda costume and Ron dressed in army greens), that was a hard song to do but the judges said that we pulled it off.
At half time, all of us singers went to the green room out the back and started singing one of the other numbers (one girl was practicing her next number - "I can see Clearly now") and to hear 20+ voices in harmony, it was so magic. Our Stage Hand Scott, was playing the guitar for us and I sooooooo did not want this night to end.
The next number was "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison and the judges commented on how much Ron sounded like Van Morrison. We even got a 10 from Peter Goers (one of the judges on the night).
Finally, we all ambled out on stage for our group closing number (of course - "All my loving" in the Young Talent Time vain).
I had to take it easy on the drinking because of the 25km drive home and I had Tori with me as well (Bullet is away in Mt Isa) which was a good thing as I could've come home with a nasty hangover.
What I can take away from this is, i made 20 new friends, I had the time of my life, I was with like minded people, I remember how much fun it is to sing, I know that I was born to sing and I have discovered a lot more of myself in the process. Where to now???
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail (unknown)

No comments: