Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's sooooooo cold !!!

Great news ! I have lost more weight than I have ever imagined (but still maintaining those womanly curves) but it comes at a price. My blubber was what kept me warm and now I am finding I am the only one at work that gets around in an overcoat all day. Which brings me to the next part of the story - I QUIT ! I figured that while Bullet is working away (Mt Isa, QLD at the moment), then why shouldnt I take life differently and slow down a little. You see, we are basically busy and don't arrive home from work/school and other committments until 7pm for 3 nights of the week and the other 2 (as well as the weekend) are now used up with our new (24 yo) horse (which lives away at the moment). So Bullet and I discussed the situation and we agreed that I could do more at home, catch up on some paperwork, sort out my veggie garden, restore some furniture, do some basic farm stuff, study biodynamics (it's organic principles with a twist), etc., etc.
So that's the score !
Another few quick notes:


  • My chickens are laying 8-10 eggs a day

  • Tori has a pony by the name of Sammy

  • We will now be able to get another dog because I will be home to train it

  • The crops are looking good this year

Tori and her friend are with Sammy now (Bullet took them there) for a riding lesson. I am home with a rotten stomach, probably nerves about losing my financial independence. Still, I'm happy, will have much more time to relax (which I haven't really done since the fire in 2005) and concentrate on having a happier, healthier Michele, a balanced Tori and a breadwinner to take advantage of me being the "housewife" for the time being. I say for the time being as it wont be permanent, just wasn't in the right job and no sense being somewhere you are not happy. I will have more time to do all the domestic stuff while Tori is at school and enjoy the weekend rather than cramming it all into what little time we have. We also have to up the ante on music practice as well and getting home late tends to slide that one by.

I had a huge compliment from my singing teacher (well she compliments me all the time but too shy to accept) but now I am acknowledging them and sharing with you... I have noticed that my voice has improved 10 fold since I started taking proper vocal lessons (with the homework as well) and she sits there, playing her guitar to a Diana Krall song (originally by Mose Allison) called "Stop this World" and goes "yeah" in parts. I couldn't hear what she was saying (because I was concentrating on what I was singing - it's a jazz kinda feel and different to what I'm used to, and at the end she just smiles at me and says "i love listening to you sing, you have a such a listenable voice" Of course I was embarassed and proud in the same feeling. Cool huh ! And to those that have complimented me on my voice before and got the coy reply, thank you for the compliment - your gratitude from me is long overdue.

"Stop this world, let me off, there's just too many pigs in the same trough. There's too many buzzards sitting on the fence, stop this world it's started making sense"

Ciao
Shel X

No comments: