We had a little visitor at work on Monday, a Nankeen Kestrel. Being from up Northern SA and working where I did, made me concerned for this little fella as we thought he might have hit the windows at work and was just collecting himself before recovering and flying away. But.... I think it was more than that as a couple of hours later he seemed to be deteriorating so I called around and finally found out that the local Parks and Wildlife people were the ones to call (no Enviro mob on tap here !). They didn't hold out much hope for him and I haven't rung them back to see how he faired.
A tale of a family living in the best place on earth after a complete change of scenery and lifestyle.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Nankeen Kestrel
We had a little visitor at work on Monday, a Nankeen Kestrel. Being from up Northern SA and working where I did, made me concerned for this little fella as we thought he might have hit the windows at work and was just collecting himself before recovering and flying away. But.... I think it was more than that as a couple of hours later he seemed to be deteriorating so I called around and finally found out that the local Parks and Wildlife people were the ones to call (no Enviro mob on tap here !). They didn't hold out much hope for him and I haven't rung them back to see how he faired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment