Sunday, June 12, 2005

Them thar winders are in ....

Posted by Hello

Well, things are progressing nicely now. I am in the process of organising ducted Reverse Cycle air conditioning and was very frightened by the price but a blessing came on Friday, the first round of donations from the appeal and this amount will cover this cost. YEE HAA ! I have also organised the OziKleen septic tank system to be delivered next week and have finally chosen tiles for the wet areas of the house (these are incuded in the price of the house, but you can only choose from a limited range). I have decided on a mediterranean (as my friend "pearl" has called them - see below, I still have to work out how to use this picture thingy!!!). I have spoken with the tile man and have decided that I will have the tiles laid how I want them and spend the extra getting what I want ! You may have noticed that "I" have made a few decisions, well, when you are at the coalface, you gotta make the decisions and as I love to interior decorate.....

It is SOOOOOOOOOOO windy here today. The Van is a'rockin'. The Man is on the tractor, I did a couple of laps myself, sowing barley and hoping to have the lupins sown tomorrow, and then finally, wheat. If the weather forecast is any indication, we should be in for a bucket load of rain on Tuesday and although it would be good for me to take a day or two off to help (reload the seed and super unit) it has a twofold effect because we will be flat out at work, dispatching "super" (fertiliser, all the farmers call it super).
Apparently, the brickies are due tomorrow (public holiday Monday???) to start on the obvious and one of the supervisors will be visiting on Tuesday to inspect and spend a bit of time with the Man as he has pointed out a few things he is not happy with. It's good being able to walk through the place and have a good look at the place so we can get right onto it. It helps to think ahead as well to plan what floor coverings etc.
Gotta stop so you actually have time to read it.

No comments: