I had a phonecall from The Man this morning, informing me that the pad is about to be levelled on our block. So with that came a list of instructions, "make sure you show them where the electrical cables are, tell them to watch out for the water pipes here and the soakage drain there and make sure they...." and the list goes on. I must admit, I went to water after hanging up the phone as I felt a huge wave of responsibility wash over me (adding to the fact that I will be at least 2 hours late for work) and hoping that I took it all in and REMEMBER where all those things are/aren't etc. It is exciting to know that 26 weeks after they lay the slab that there will be a shiny new house standing there, ready for me to add my flair to it. Watch out furniture stores, Songbird's on the loose. I should put out a tender for it and see who can do me the best deal as I will buy from one place as I would like to deck the whole joint out in one foul swoop and it will probably all come from one manufacturer anyway. Prior to that I have to organise carpets, extra tiling (Not included in the builders package), light fittings (pretty ones), extra cupboards around the place, rah, rah, rah.
Roll on end of daylight saving (I don't know why we a "saving" it anyway, it's not as if you get sun "interest" at the end of the term) all I know is that it is very dark when I get up in the morning and that is WRONG !
Easter weekend is going to be a bit of a fizzer as I do not want to leave the property unguarded for 4 days, we still have no boundary fencing and with a dog, a cat and several chickens to feed that just makes me want to stay home and ???? Anyway, The Girl and I will get up to something, maybe a bit of reorganising (that's always fun) or a day trip to the beach, or visit the festival in Port Lincoln (probably a bit boring for her). We'll see.
I am just really grasping for things to say at the moment so rather than ramble, I should use some of this precious time to organise the things I have spoken about.
So now I take on a new role of Project Manager - wish me luck !
No comments:
Post a Comment