Thursday, January 06, 2005

Oscar the Cockaleechie Kitten !

OWWWWCH !
We have a new addition to the family in the shape of an 8 week old kitten. Traumatic as it was, I don't mind the little bugger (even though he tried to rearrange the veins in my right arm whilst I was trying to save him from the dogs that were at the place where we got him from !). The reason for the 27 or so scratches on my arm is also the result of attempting to put him in a box for the trip home. (The man said it reminded him of those games where an object comes out of the game and you have to whack it - I believe it was called whacker - how original, anyway I do recall scoring a few free tickets in my youth on that contraption). I had to nurse him wrapped in a towel (that had cat excrement on it !), for about 30 kms until we made it home. So Oscar is now slowly getting used to his new abode (the dog has been banished to the outer) and the girl was perturbed by the fact that this cute little kitten could do so much skin damage to her beloved parents in the quest for her desire ! I guess the fact that it wasn't ripped from it's mother early and placed in a pet shop and conditioned from an early age was a huge factor in it's timid behaviour.

The man has been playing on the tractor today, doing a spot of ground rearranging. The back of the house will have a pergola and paved area and whilst he was in the mood, the tractor was employed - but wait ! What do front end loaders and ground have in common you ask ? Underground electrical cables of course, and yes he found it ! That had ceased the supply of the house water pump (until the extension cords came out), but wait, there's more. Today, infact a moment ago, the house water poly pipe (which he was extremely careful to keep avoiding), jumped out of the dirt and managed to cut itself on the loader bucket - IMAGINE THAT ??? So, another patch job until that gets fixed properly. And where, I hear you ask, was I whilst this was going on ? As far away as possible from The Man as I tend to get annoyed with him talking to the machinery and blaming it for all his short comings !

Now, my turn. What's a person if they can't take the piss out of themselves. Let me start with "I am okay, nothing happened to me !"

Ahem... i crashed my car

Yes, I was driving down our picturesque roads, turned the corner, looked into the back of the car for a second and voila, I was in the scrub "dancing with trees". Luckily, I was only travelling very slowly and I think my Guardian Angel was very alert at the time ! The worst part about it was that I had to report it to the police as it was more than a thousand dollars damage. "Are you injured M'am, Only my pride !"
Anyways, the car is in the crash shop and it should be all fixed next week.

Christmas was good, we travelled to the big smoke and spent a few days there and then back up to Roxby to clean the house (SOLD) and back to the farm the next day. New Year was a bit of a fizzer as that was the day (New Year's Eve) that I crashed the car.

Oh well, it is 8pm and we haven't even thought about tea yet, (the cat has been fed, of course !) and I don't hear the trickling of water outside so I am assuming that the water pipe has been repaired so it will be safe to go outside and complete the inspection of The Man's excavations.

No comments: