Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Greetings, I have arrived !

Greetings all
A short note to let you all know that I arrived and am settling in nicely. The pace here is quite different from OD ! Still, it is the off season and I have yet to experience a "busy" time which, I'm told, is from March to July. Roll on !
My first day on the job found me in the crib room on a toolbox talk which was really a chin wag that lasted the best part of an hour ! So coffee and chatting was on the agenda. Then for the rest of the day, my trainer walked me through a few new SAP screens and yes, I was confused as hell (I hope we can still say that word on the email - what's the world coming to ?)
We went out to dinner that night at the Tasman Hotel (overlooking the beach, sorry about that, had to put that in) and my first celebrity spotting occurred. Curtis Stone (the host of the now defunct television series "My Restaurant Rules") was there. Woo Hoo! Let me tell you, it was more exciting for the woman than myself. The meal was beautiful (real calamari I had never tasted until now !) The Tavern better lift it's socks up if I ever come back for a meal there !
The next couple of days we just meandered around the office (which I might add is quite nice). There are two Manager's offices, (I might try and get one of them seeing as one will be vacant permanently), a meeting room and a crib room. I currently reside in the reception area (of course) and have a view of the sea (if I turn my head ever so slightly to the right and the blinds of the other spare office are open (WHICH THEY ARE !). We also have a washing machine and dryer for the laundering of the fellas work clothes but they don't seem to use it. I may bring mine in and do that when I am not busy (HA HA).
On Thursday and Friday I updated my Senior First Aid Certificate so that rounded the week off nicely ! The Man and The Girl are now down for 2 weeks so I have informed The Man that I expect tea on the table and for me to put my feet up and get my slippers and paper given to me when I get home from a hard day at the office. I shouldn't be so cheeky because I think the first busy period for me is going to be hell as I will be all new !
Today I have been fielding off all the OD emails that I have STILL been receiving because someone, somewhere has not replied to my requests to remove me from them.
Anyway folks, I am missing you all and it is a wee bit lonely down here but the retail therapy is assisting me in the transition.
Write soon !